Thursday 5 January 2017

Sugar Scrub Bars

Finally I believe it's time to make some sugar scrub bars. Now again we come to that fabulous thing that has saved many people's eyebrows before me, Melt and Pour soap. I know, I know I rave on about this stuff but it really is amazing. As well being safe to use, nothing can possibly go wrong! And when you make soap with lye it has to be 100% sodium hydroxide, which I can tell you is not easy to find in NZ. Once I find some I promise that I will make some proper soap but for now let's keep it simple. Another part of this recipe is sugar. I know what you're all thinking 'Duh, Hanna.' But I still wanted to add it here. Then we have silicone moulds, essential oils and vuala, you have soap.



Sugar Scrub Bars

Silicone Moulds
450grams (16 ounces) white melt and pour soap
1-1 1/2 cups sugar (any kind will do)
Essential or Fragrant oils (I used peppermint)
Soap Colorant (or small amounts food colouring)

Method:
Chop Melt and Pour soap into chunks.
Melt in microwave in 30 second bursts.
Add sugar and mix well.
Add your essential/fragrant oils and colour to your preference.
Allow to set in moulds.

Note:
If you want to have a more diverse soap try different exfoliant such as coffee grounds or arrowroot powder or Himalayan pink salt.

Tip:
Add sugars that complement your scent. Such as using brown sugar with vanilla, lavender sugar with lavender, caster sugar with peppermint or even raw sugar with coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment